" Thank you for all you do for our
families and most of all for making the world a better place through the East
West philosophy. You continue to touch our lives immeasurably"
Roshin Dell > read more...
TOP10 REASONS TO
TRAIN IN MARTIAL ARTS
1. A lifestyle characterised by lack of physical activity and excessive inactivity (particularly television viewing and video games) can cause obesity in children.
2. Women, who are involved in one or more sports, have been found to be more successful in their workplace and life in general.
3. Participating in an activity such as karate as a family enhances the quality of family life.
4. Karate promotes camaraderie and compassion by providing a supportive and nurturing environment. The quality of interpersonal relationships between adults and youths within the caring climate, influences youths’ to optimize social behaviour while simultaneously curtailing antisocial behaviour.
5. Long-term sports participation helps alleviate anxiety related and social problems. Results show that the more formal sports participation and the longer the participation, the lower the scores on Externalizing Problems, Social Problems, Aggression Problems, and Delinquency Problems.
6. Karate can help children in developing a strong moral code. Children and youth need to develop their own moral code so they will consciously choose to behave ethically.
7. Cardiovascular fitness and Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) are closely related to abdominal obesity. Present studies demonstrate that cardiovascular fitness and abdominal obesity each are independently and strongly associated with individual CVD risk factors.
8. There are about 71 percent of students that report bullying as an on-going problem. Karate promotes the development of confidence in children and an improved ability to deal with bullying situations.
9. Women have been found to enjoy physical exercise for both stress management and social activity. They may also be particularly receptive to capitalizing on the stress and anxiety reducing benefits of a particular exercise session, and to fostering social relationships while exercising.
10. One major reason women take self defence, is to combat the fear of violence in the world. The fear of violence, often transmitted through second-hand experiences and stories, was a major motivator for many women.